20 Nov Living a Life of Joy in our Personal Lives – Marriage Resources
As Norm mentioned in his sermon this past weekend, below are some recommended resources to help couples have joy in their marriage.
- “When Sinners Say I Do: Discovering the Power of the Gospel for Marriage” by David Harvey
- “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman
- “Sacred Marriage: God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy, Not Happy” by Gary Thomas
- “What Did You Expect? Redeeming the Realities of Marriage” by Paul David Tripp
- “Love and Respect” by Emerson Eggerichs
- “The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God” by Timothy and Kathy Keller
- “The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work” by Dr. John Gottman, PhD. Note: This is not a book by a Christian author (so please buy/read with that in mind), but still is a fascinating and helpful marriage book as the author is a skilled observer of human behavior and interaction between couples and has some great insights to share.
Online help for marriage:
- Dennis Rainey’s ministry – http://www.familylife.com/
- Focus on the Family marriage helps – http://www.focusonthefamily.com/marriage/
Marriage conference (Norm and Cindy attended one of these in November and found it both biblical and helpful):