- Great Commission Collective Canada (the church planting association we are part of) is hosting a dynamic, soul-stirring conference called, “Press On”, this fall at Hope Bible Church in Oakville. We are expecting this to be a can’t-miss conference.
- For anyone who has been to these conferences pre-covid, you know what an encouragement it is to join with hundreds of others from GCC churches for time in worship and the Word.
- If you are new to Redemption, this is a great way to discover the large and healthy fellowship that we are part of. Take this opportunity to feed your heart and soul on some wonderful teaching and workshops.
- The conference is October 25-27 (a Tuesday evening to Thursday noon) and tickets are now on sale. For more information and to get your ticket, visit gccollective/events.ca.
- We know of many from Redemption who are already registered and are hoping there will be many more! Let’s pack it out with many Redemption London people; call a friend and go together!
GENERAL MINISTRY UPDATE
- We’ve had a wonderful close to the ministry season as things continue to return to normal, post-pandemic.
- Many, many new people and families are attending our church, and attendance is slowly increasing to pre-pandemic levels.
- In addition to the many new families joining our church, we have been blessed by the testimonies of those who have been baptized this past ministry season – almost 40 people since September and many more in 2021 and 2020! What a blessing to hear stories of God at work.
- We wrapped up our study in the book of Matthew early this spring and followed with our Soul Care series. This Soul Care series has been a blessing and encouragement to many. We would like to remind and implore all of you – in times of trial and difficulty, turn to the Word of God as it is sufficient for all we need in our lives, including times of sorrow, suffering, loss, and pain.
- The summer was kicked off with the first of three “Summer Sunday BBQs”. This event was a huge success – what a wonderful opportunity to fellowship together this summer. Our next BBQ is on July 24, and we are looking forward to seeing even more out.
- Finally, this summer we introduced our new E-Bulletin. This has replaced our paper bulletins and will be sent out weekly. If you are not already receiving the E-Bulletin, use the QR code below to subscribe.
- Our renovations are progressing well and a few weeks ago we received the full permit from the city. Praise God!
- We are now waiting on our first rough-in inspection from the city before we can drywall the end walls. Once that is complete, we will finish all the painting, then install carpet.
- All the technology in our new lobby will be installed late this summer. At that point, other than the vestibule, the new lobby will be complete.
- Work on the vestibule will likely begin late July and take two to three months to complete. The vestibule will help keep the weather, and mess from the weather, out of our new lobby.
- We are excited about the many options this room provides – primarily as a gathering place on Sundays, but also for some of our mid-week ministry events.
- We are hoping to, sometime before the end of the year, turn a storage area upstairs into a new accessible washroom, converting the existing Men’s/accessible washroom upstairs back into just a Men’s washroom with multiple stalls.
- Be sure to check out rbclondon.ca/renovations to stay up to date on what’s happening in the building. This page is updated regularly.
- We are thanking God for a great AGM (Annual General Meeting) in June, and the wonderful report back from our auditors regarding our 2021 financials. Thankful to the Lord for His provision and for the excellent assessment by our auditing accountants.
- We are a little further behind in our 2022 finances than we would normally be at this point in the calendar year, so are looking to cut some out of our 2022 budget in areas that do not impact, in any manner, the ministry we are seeking to do this year.
- This summer, we were able to get set up to accept E-Transfers as a new vehicle for making your donation to Redemption. If you have not previously donated to the ministries at Redemption, please be sure to include your name and address in the comments section so we can send you a donation receipt. The email address to send your E-Transfer to is email@example.com.
- We are thankful to God for all of you who give so faithfully, allowing us to continue with all the ministries at Redemption. If you are new to Redemption and haven’t started giving regularly yet, we would encourage you to take this step of obedience in putting God and His work first in your finances.
“Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
– 2 Corinthians 9:7