Calling Out To God In Prayer
1. YIELDED HEARTS & LIVES
In our church, humility, repentance, turning from sin, brokenness, living sacrifices
- 2 Chron 7:14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 15 My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place.
- Ps 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me.
- Rom 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
- Ps 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
- 2 Chron 30:6 “O people of Israel, return to the LORD…8 Do not now be stiff-necked…but yield yourselves to the LORD…and serve the LORD your God… For the LORD your God is gracious and merciful and will not turn away his face from you, if you return to him.”
2. MARRIAGES IN THE CHURCH
Strengthening all marriages, my marriage, those in crisis, fruit of spirit to increase
- Gal 5:16 walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh….22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
- Gal 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
- Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood…but against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God,
- Phil 1:6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
- Phil 1:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Eph 3: 20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,
3. YOUTH, CHILDREN AND YOUNG ADULTS IN THE CHURCH
Parenting wisdom, spiritual walk of our children, protection, openness to gospel, family relationships, future direction, life decisions
- Ps 119: 9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.
- 1 Tim 4:12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in
conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
- Phil 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
- Phil 3:7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.
- Eph 6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- Eph 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
4. SICKNESS, PAIN, SUFFERING
Healing, waiting on God, medical direction, endurance, hope while we wait, provision
- Ps 6:2 Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony. 3 I am sick at heart. How long, O LORD, until you restore me? 4 Return, O LORD, and rescue me. Save me because of your unfailing love…8 the LORD has heard my weeping. 9 The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD will answer my prayer.
- Heb 4:16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
- 1 Pet 5:6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
- Ps 107: 19 “LORD, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. 20 He sent out his word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death. 21 Let them praise the LORD for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them.
- Phil 4:11 for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
5. THE PRODIGALS IN OUR LIVES
Prodigal children/family, repentance, faith, open their eyes, the burdens parents carry
- Luke 15:4 “If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them gets lost… Won’t he leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness and go to search for the one that is lost until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he will joyfully carry it home on his shoulders…and will call together his friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.’
- Luke 15:7 In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!
- Lk 15:17 “When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, ‘At home even the hired servants have food enough to spare, and here I am dying of hunger! 18 I will go home to my father and say, “Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, 19 and I am no longer worthy of being called your son. Please take me on as a hired servant.”
- Lk 15:20 “So he returned home to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him. 21 His son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and I am no longer worthy of being called your son.’
- Lk 15:31 “His father said to him, ‘Look, dear son, you have always stayed by me, and everything I have is yours. 32 We had to celebrate this happy day. For your brother was dead and has come back to life! He was lost, but now he is found!’
6. RENEWAL AND REVIVAL IN OUR CHURCH
Move of the Holy Spirit, revive our hearts, spirit led
- Ps 85:6 Won’t you revive us again, so your people can rejoice in you? 7 Show us your unfailing love, O LORD, and grant us your salvation.
- Hos 10:12 Plow up the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the LORD, that he may come and shower righteousness upon you.’
- Luke 24:32 They said to each other, “Didn’t our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?”
- Acts 3:19 Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out, 20 that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
7. UNSAVED FRIENDS, FAMILIES, COWORKERS
Gospel fruit, boldness to evangelize, open hearts
- Acts 26:15 I am sending you 18 to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
- Lk 19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
- Jn 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life.
He does not come into judgment but has passed from death to life.
- 2 Cor 3:16 But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord.
- Col 1:13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
- Mk 5:19 “Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” 20 And he went away and began to proclaim in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him, and everyone marveled.
8. FUTURE DIRECTION OF THIS CHURCH
Vision, direction, unity, future ministry, faithfulness to great commission
- Acts 1:8 you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth
- Acts 6:7 And the word of God continued to increase, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly
in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests became obedient to the faith.
- Acts 9:31 So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was being built up. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it multiplied.
- Acts 12:24 But the word of God increased and multiplied.
- Acts 16:5 So the churches were strengthened in the faith, and they increased in numbers daily.
- Acts 19:20 So the word of the Lord continued to increase and prevail mightily.